Sneezing Etiquette. It exists, but not everyone chooses to follow. Lady waiting on the platform at Malden Station chose not to follow the etiquette this morning. Why would you sneeze directly into your hand?! Yes, lady at Malden Station, I did in fact see you wipe your disgusting residue all over your pants. She looked rather uncomfortable as I stared at her with the look of "you ruined my breakfast...but definitely not dessert, because I love cake." (Note to self: Don't hold any pole she goes near on that train.)
I continued to finish my crossword puzzle. Yes, I said FINISH. Metro usually cuts me no slack, but today they felt the need to throw me a frickin' bone and allowed me permission to (almost) finish an entire crossword puzzle. This time I didn't even cheat by looking at the person next to me on the train. Unfortunately, I learned not to do that again after a man secretly watching began laughing at me.
Lady at Malden Station was sort of a princess compared to the teenage boy at Charlestown Navy Yard though. A couple weeks ago I watched as he sneezed directly into his hand, then flung his hand up in the air sending a giant booger twirling and flipping and eventually performed a swan dive to the ground. I actually felt a bit of remorse for whatever bugs got caught in that gooey puddle. Mike and I couldn't help but yell "Ahhhh!!!" as he did it, but he didn't seem to care. At least Malden Station lady looked a little guilty, but that didn't stop her from the following four sneezes where she proceeded to do the same thing and even worse. Ah yes, keep wiping your pants with your hand. She was a walking handkerchief.
My Dad uses a handkerchief. Growing up I began to realize how my mother washes the snot rags in the laundry, and that's when I finally decided I should do my own laundry. Gotta give them credit for helping the environment though. Sort of makes "going green" sound comical.
Also, my horoscope today was (and for all you other Cancer signs): If you're unduly concerned about trying to impress others in order to feed your ego, it could cause you to end up boasting or behaving in some kind of unbecoming manner.
Knowing that horoscope sort of makes me want to test it. I'm going to spend the remainder of my day tooting my own horn and seeing where it gets me. Happy Friday everyone, and I hope your weekend is filled with caking, shaking and sneezing into tissues.
om nom nom,
Jen
I think I'll just post random pictures at the bottom of every post. Here's me as Chuck Norris a few Halloweens ago.
GROSS!!!
ReplyDeleteAND, I MISS The METRO! I could never get their cross word puzzles though. i sucked.
Yeah, I tried doing one this morning. Go figure the only ones I could really fill in were Star Wars, muppet, and animal related. Last week was a rare beauty. I'll grab a couple this week and mail them out to you! ha!
ReplyDeleteohh... I thought you were dressed as Paul McCartney from the fab 4. my bad.. and my now deceased x father in law taught my son to wipe his running nose on his coat sleeve.. and he thought it was funny. I was sooooo over that family.
ReplyDelete