Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I made a funny...

Wow, it's been a little too long since my last post. Let me catch you all up to speed....all eight (one of them being me) of my readers. First off, HALLOWEEN! Below is a picture of Mike's and my costume. He's obviously Alan from The Hangover. I'm a ghetto teenage mutant ninja turtle. Our entire ridiculousness was made in about 2-3 hours with visits to Home Depot, Mike's mother's house, Kmart, and Dick's Sporting Goods.

The most asked question at parties was "Why Donatello???" to which I responded "because I have this awesome bo staff attached to my shell!" FYI, you can't tell in the picture, but attached to my Kmart garbage barrel cover (shell) is a bo staff (my boyfriend's mother's broomstick that which I'm sure I'll be getting a phone call very soon). My clothes were all from Kmart, the chest is just lint brush tape, and my toes were formed nicely by wearing thick green thermal socks and flip-flops. My head is just a $9.99 knit hat from Dick's Sporting Goods that Mike and I cut holes into for the mouth and eyes. The lovely pieces of purple cloth tied around my various joints is just a $5 XXL kitty cat Halloween shirt from Kmart that we ripped up. My belt is just from an old green winter coat of mine. Finally, duct tape and masking tape from Home Depot tied it all together...literally. So, without further adieu, here it is:



Anyway, not much else is going on, so I guess I'll leave before ruining this entire post. I need to go vote too, because I don't want P. Diddy coming after me. Hopefully I'll write something longer and more interesting tomorrow.

Peace out,
Jen

1 comment:

  1. you always have great costumes. So, whose baby holder is that?

    ReplyDelete